Australia's relationship with water
Water is taken for granted and subconsciously used. Water behaviours are deeply habitual so we used ethnographic and quantitative consumer research to understand their relationship with water.
We hypothesized that by making ‘water visible’ - Australians would relate to it, value it and want to use it efficiently, If we could inspire a conscious relationship between every Australian and tap water it would significantly impact the nations household water use for the first time since the Millennium drought.
We asked the following questions:
- Do Australians care about water?
- Do they think about the water they use?
- Do they know where their water comes from?
- Is there a generation gap between water knowledge and behavior?
- Would Australians abandon 'Auto Pilot' for a 'Relationship' with water?
- How does Australia build a conscious relationship with water?